Monday 31 May 2010



News feeds are a quick and easy wasy of keeping up to date. I found the browser based RSS feeds the easiest to use. Google reader woud be useful for study groups etc as you could share the information you find useful easily. Its an easy way of keeping up to date and sharing information. I subscribed to feeds from the British Library and COPAC which may be useful for work although my inital impression was that they were giving information about exhibitions and new collections added which may or may not be useful. I liked the NLM RSS feed 'Behind the headlines' which gives information such as the research and studies behind headline health stories. I will carry on using browser based feeds and probably use google reader when I start another OU course in October.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you're finding the RSS thing useful. I like hitting the headlines too - might start including it in the medical library blog...
    I.

    ReplyDelete